At NRECA, we believe cooperatives build a better world and we are looking for talented people to join us.
We are a mission-driven organization with more than 700 employees supporting more than 900 private, consumer-owned electric cooperatives across the country.
More than just a trade association:
- NRECA administers the health and retirement plans for more than 43,000 employees nationwide
- NRECA works with co-ops to bring electricity to communities across the globe
- NRECA advocates on behalf of our 42 million electric consumers from Alaska to Maine to Florida
NRECA offers careers in:
- Health and retirement plan administration
- Education and training
- Energy and environmental policy
- Energy research and development
- International development
- Information systems
- Marketing and communications
At NRECA, we work to ensure our compensation and benefit plans are competitive. Here are some of the benefits that make NRECA a great place to work:
- Health and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (for health care and dependent day care)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan with match
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Free personal investment and retirement counseling
- Tuition assistance
- 11 days of paid holidays
- 18 days of personal time off
- Telework and compressed work schedules
- Wellness programs
- Free on-site fitness center and discount gym membership
- Commuter assistance
- National discount program
A Great Place to Work!
We think NRECA is a great place to work — but don’t just take our word for it, see what AARP, Northern Virginia Family Service, and Computerworld and Washingtonian magazines have to say:
- For eight straight years NRECA has been on Computerworld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT” list.
- In 2009 and 2011, the Washingtonian included NRECA on the magazine’s list of “Great Places to Work.”
- In 2011, Northern Virginia Family Service recognized NRECA for promoting a positive work-life balance with its sixth CARE Award.
- AARP has included NRECA two years running on its list of “Best Employers for Workers Over 50.”